What is the Digital Marketing Transformation (DMT) and why should I take a ‘Digital-First’ approach to my business marketing?
The most prominent and important shift in business marketing is the Digital Marketing Transformation (DMT), also known as the Digital-First Approach. This is moving your marketing approach away from traditional marketing methods and more towards digital marketing online, using search engines, websites, ecommerce and social media to engage with existing and prospective customers.
The two principle benefits of the Digital-First approach are:
- You can reach a far larger audience with a successful digital marketing strategy and can effectively target specific geographic locations using Localised SEO.
- You can more effectively monitor the success of your marketing strategy using free online analytic tools such a Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. These solid and reliable statistics can then be fed into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to help you manage and improve your business performance.
Some statistics to endorse the importance and need of Digital Marketing Transformation:
- As of January 2020, there were 45.1.million internet users in the UK (Statista)
- There were 41.58 million users of social networks in the UK in 2019 (Statista)
- In 2019 Internet sales via ecommerce increased to 21.2% of all retail sales in the UK (Office Of National Statistics)
- Local business and service searches account for 46% of all searches on Google.
These few stats alone prove the size of the digital marketplace and importance in making the shift in your business marketing approach.
The two principle vehicles of digital marketing are a well designed website ( Ideally with a regularly updated Blog) by a professional web design company and Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc) to display your ‘marketing content’ to your target audience.
These are then supported by Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to get quality traffic to your website, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) such as Pay Per Click adverting and Social Media Marketing (SMM) to drive customers on social media to your website.
Many businesses take the first step by using build your own websites companies, but quickly realise the time they need to spend to build the site and learn how to optimise it is often time poorly spent. Using a professional web designer / digital marketeer is often not as expensive as it may seem as their knowledge and experience makes the marketing transition far quicker, smoother and leads to better results.
Want to know more? Contact Betelguise Web Design for a free digital marketing consultation.