Betelguise Web Design provides affordable quality web design to companies and individuals throughout the United Kingdom and beyond. Their web hosting services are provided by a UK professional web hosting independent company. Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by Betelguise Web Design when Betelguise Web Design decides that the account has been inappropriately used or otherwise abused.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND COPYRIGHT
Your website has been designed by Betelguise Web Design for your personal or business use. Any content and images provided by you are obviously your own to do with as you please. All coding, scripts and applications used within the site are the owned by Betelguise Web Design and / or the accredited author and may not be distributed or used on other web sites.
ACCREDITATION & DESIGN CREDIT
Betelguise Web Design will add an accreditation and back link into the footer of all the sites they create. This accreditation and back link must remain intact in their existing format. Removal of this will release the client from the rights to use the code and scripts created by Betelguise Web Design in their site and use of the hosting provided. No accreditation may be taken by another party for work done by Betelguise Web Design inline with misrepresentation, passing off and intellectual property rights. The client also agrees that their website may be presented in Betelguise Web Designs portfolio.
HOSTING & SERVER USE
All our hosting will be provided by UK based hosting companies who we have found to be ethical and reliable.
We do not warrant our hosting services will be uninterrupted or error free but we shall use reasonable endeavours to keep downtime to a minimum.
Personal account holders are not permitted resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as not allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner’s web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads.
Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to refuse service and /or access to its servers to anyone.
Betelguise Web Design does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers:
- Third-Party Designed Websites – Hosting is provided purely for websites designed by Betelguise Web Design. We do not host websites created by third parties.
- Illegal Material – This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation.
- Adult Material – Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of “adult material” is left entirely to the discretion of Betelguise Web Design
- Warez – Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide “links to” or “how to” information about such material.
If your account on your server, or IP range(s) associated with your account are found to have been listed in any of the RBL lists provided by SPAM blocking organisations, we will allow you 24 hours to rectify the sending source on the server. We may suspend your account if you do not make those changes or if you do not fully co-operate in obtaining the removal of the listing or if the listing is not removed within a reasonable time.
E-Mail Account Limits
All individual mailboxes will be a maximum of 10GB unless previously agreed.
E-Mail Sending Limits
- There is a 500 hourly e-mail sending limit per hosting account on our Personal Hosting. This limit also applies to mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour most of the e-mails will bounce back with an undeliverable error.
- If you need to send more than 500 e-mails per hour you would need to sign up to our Business, Reseller or Dedicated Hosting.
- Any mailing list larger than 1,000 recipients will either require a virtual private server, dedicated server or other dedicated hosting solution from us.
Mailing List Rules
- 1. You MUST throttle your mailing list when sending e-mails. We recommend you throttle your mailing list to at the very least sending 1 e-mail every 5 seconds. If you do not throttle your mailing list you may cause a server load spike and we may suspend your account without prior notice to reduce the server load.
- 2. Any mailing list with over 500 recipients is only allowed to be sent during off-peak times to prevent server load spikes. Off peak times qualify as Monday to Friday (5:00pm-9:00am GMT) and all day Saturday and Sunday.
- 3. You are not allowed to e-mail to a mailing list you were given or purchased if the recipients never agreed to you sending them e-mail in accordance with data protection laws. There is no justification for breaking this rule and such offence will result in the termination of the offending account.
- 4. If you send unsolicited e-mail it will result in the immediate termination of your account without prior notice. We take a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited e-mail.
If the Client’s website is to be installed on a third-party server, Betelguise Web Design must be granted temporary read/write access to the Client’s storage directories which must be accessible via FTP. Depending on the specific nature of the project, other resources might also need to be configured on the server such as access to MySQL databases.
All schedules are based on the information provided by the the client at the time of quotation. Betelguise Web Design always endeavour to ensure all work is carried out at the scheduled time, however on any occasion where progress cannot be made with a website because we have not been given the required information in the agreed or reasonable time frame or the initial brief is changed by the client, then we cannot be held responsible for meeting these schedules.
CLIENT PROVISION OF CONTENT
All Text content should be delivered as a Microsoft Word, email (or similar) document with the pages in the supplied document representing the content of the relevant pages on your website. These pages should have the same titles as the agreed website pages.
All images should be provided in digital format and be in a size or quality to suit the needs of the website.
The Client guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Betelguise Web Design for inclusion in their website, or other design, are owned by the Client, or that the Client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, indemnify and defend the Company and its subcontractors from any liability (including solicitors fees and court costs), including any claim or suit, threatened or actual, arising from the use of such elements furnished by the Client.
We every effort to ensure websites are designed to be viewed by the majority of visitors. Websites are designed to work with the most popular current browsers at the time of design. however we cannot guarantee correct functionality with all browser software across different operating systems.
Likewise we cannot accept responsibility for web pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after the website have been designed and handed over to the Client.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION AND TRAFFIC
We do not take responsibility, nor guarantee the amount of visits online content will receive. Nor can we in anyway control who views published content, what they do with that content or any contact or enquiry generate
Betelguise Web Design cannot be held responsible for any hacked/compromised websites. A site that has been compromised may be taken offline immediately until the website has been secured and cleaned of any hacks/viruses. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure their website does not get hacked; similarly it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that any costs needed to make the website safe again will be chargeable to them.
DOMAIN NAMES POLICY
All domain names are provided from Nominet and ICANN Approved Suppliers and reference should be made to their own Terms and Conditions . For more information, see with NOMINET UK and the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”).
Betelguise Web Design may register one or more domain names on its customers’ behalf providing that this has been agreed with the appropriate customer. These will be registered in the customer’s name where the customer becomes responsible for its renewals, or in the name of Betelguise where they will bill the client for renewals.
All payment is in UK sterling and is paid to Betelguise Web Design and are agreed in contract that is out of scope of this document. Typically terms are 50% deposit and 50% upon completion prior to the site going live.
Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to suspend its services until any outstanding debt is cleared and confirmation from our payment providers that the debt is cleared in full. The customer is responsible for all money owed on the account from the time it was established to the time that the customer sends a written cancellation request.
Betelguise Web Design accepts the following payment options:
- Cheque: Betelguise Web Design cannot guarantee that a service will be provided until after any received cheques have been cleared.
- Bank Transfer (Standing Order or Internet Transfer).
- Debit or Credit Card
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to cancel the service at any time. In this event, customers will be entitled to a pro-rata refund based upon the hours allowed to complete the site less the development time up to that period. Domain name registrations and annual hosting fees cannot be refunded, and these are normally included in a quotation for web design.
Hosting service may be cancelled at any time by the client but there are no refunds offered for any term not used.
Upon cancellation, all data will be removed from the server and it is the client’s responsibility to ensure they have any backups they may require.
Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Betelguise Web Design harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees asserted against Betelguise Web Design its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Betelguise Web Design against liabilities arising out of; (1) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with Betelguise Web Design’s server; (2) any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party; (3) copyright infringement and (4) any defective products sold to customer from Betelguise Web Design’s server.
Betelguise Web Design will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. Betelguise Web Design makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. Betelguise Web Design disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non deliveries, wrong delivery, hacked/compromised websites and any and all service interruptions caused by Betelguise Web Design and its employees. Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to revise its policies at any time.
Betelguise Web Design will not be responsible for the information contained on its customer’s website. This includes all type of information: Images, videos, animations, sounds, text and other files. The customer is responsible for the veracity and legality of the information provided on their website.
Betelguise Web Design is a trading name of Paul Griffiths and all references in these Terms Of Service to this trading name shall include Paul Griffiths as a person.
Betelguise Web Design
Mon – Fri – 9am – 5pm excluding holidays